We just love these versatile, fleshly purple fruits.
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Slice 3 large Aubergines into 2cm thick disks, then brush on both sides with olive oil.
- Transfer onto a baking tray, and season with salt. Bake for 30 minutes or so until dark golden brown and cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- Whilst the aubergines are in the oven, whisk together 3 tablespoons of tahini paste, 185g of thick (preferably greek style yoghurt), a pinch of salt and the juice of 1 lemon.
- Smear the Yoghurt Tahini paste onto the platter and then top with the roasted aubergines, which have been dressed with a splash of lemon juice, olive oil and honey.
- Heat 45ml oil on a high flame. Slice 2 large cloves of garlic (paper-thin), then toss with 2 tablespoons of pickled oregano leaves into the hot oil for ten seconds, until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Top the yoghurt tahini sauce with the dressed aubergines and then scatter with the crisp garlic and oregano.