Tantalize your taste buds with our seasonal treasures and recipe favourites, freshly hand picked for you to try. For real time feeds and more delicious recipe’s, be sure to follow us on Facebook.
We just love these versatile, fleshly purple fruits.
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Slice 3 large Aubergines into 2cm thick disks, then brush on both sides with olive oil.
- Transfer onto a baking tray, and season with salt. Bake for 30 minutes or so until dark golden brown and cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- Whilst the aubergines are in the oven, whisk together 3 tablespoons of tahini paste, 185g of thick (preferably greek style yoghurt), a pinch of salt and the juice of 1 lemon.
- Smear the Yoghurt Tahini paste onto the platter and then top with the roasted aubergines, which have been dressed with a splash of lemon juice, olive oil and honey.
- Heat 45ml oil on a high flame. Slice 2 large cloves of garlic (paper-thin), then toss with 2 tablespoons of pickled oregano leaves into the hot oil for ten seconds, until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Top the yoghurt tahini sauce with the dressed aubergines and then scatter with the crisp garlic and oregano.
Super easy and quick – no fancy pants pastry experience required. This loaf is like breakfast in another form. Cake!
- Preheat the oven to 150C.
- Melt 150 grams of butter and then whisk with 220 grams of castor sugar, 150 grams of thick (preferably greek style) yoghurt, 2 large eggs, a teaspoon of vanilla and 1 tablespoon of lemon zest.
- Fold in 225g self-raising flour and then finally a generous handful of blueberries. Do not over mix
- Spoon the batter into a greased loaf tin and bake for around 70 minutes.
- Allow the loaf to cool for 10 minutes in the tin and then turn out on to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.
Not the prettiest chicken you ever see, but packed with flavour, and really easy peasy to throw together.
Like all things we cook at Food on the Move, start with the best free-range chicken you can find – around 1.5 kilos. Season the chicken generously with salt and cracked black pepper.
You will need a heavy-duty pot, in which the chicken will fit snugly.
- Heat a generously glug of olive oil and brown the seasoned chicken on all sides until a deep golden brown.
- Once browned, pour off the fat, then add 6 whole unpeeled garlic cloves, a cinnamon stick, a generous handful of fresh sage leaves, 2 cups of fresh full fat milk, and the juice and peel of 2 large lemons.
- Bang into a 190C oven with the lid on the pot.
- Walk away for the next 45 minutes, then give the chicken a generous basting with the sauce that has formed.
- Put the chicken back into the oven, this time without the pot lid for another 45 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked.
Pull apart the chicken and serve with its delicious lemony juices.